Skip to main content

iPhone. What does 'I' stand for in iphone?


  iPhone. What is 'I' in iPhone? Hello friend, I am happy to welcome you to my next new blog. As mentioned in title, today we gonna know what does ‘I’ in iphone stand for. So for that, be with me throughout the article.


What does 'I' stand for?


Actually there is more than one meaning for this iconic prefix of iphone. Even if you own one iphone, can you confidently say you know what this iconic letter ‘I’ is short for?


Probably your first guess might be ‘internet’, since the iphone’s claim for fame was its internet access capability in its early time. You may think ‘I’ in iphone means as in personal pronoun, since you can personalize your phone with different apps and feature of your own choice and likes. But you may be surprised to know that ‘I’ in iphone stands for five different words too.


This ‘I’ actually got its start long before the iphone. The first Apple product with an ‘I’ prefixed in its name was iMac, that was released back in 1998. At that time, computers were not able to access internet. So, the ‘I’ originally stood for internet, to highlight the MAC’s amazing capabilities of internet access at that time.



But wait, when the first iMAC was launched, then the ‘I’ also had several other meaning that I previously pointer. There are four more meaning for this little ‘I’ in iphone. When Steve jobs had introduced the iMAC, he presented a presentation with not only one but with five more potential meaning for this ‘I’ in iMAC.  “ Steve jobs said that ‘I’ stands for internet, individual, instruct, inform and inspire. However, while these words had an important part in presentation, jobs also said that ‘I’ did not have any official meaning .“


Many other people also said that ‘I’ can be interpret as a personal pronoun and instruction for education propose. So it seems that ‘I’ in iphone is open to interpretation.

Why internet is not only word for 'I' in iPhone?


As in beginning ‘I’ got its start as ‘internet’ and ya it is definitely true that internet access capability was the iphone’s biggest selling point in its debut in 2007. But I want to lighten why I think that ‘internet’ was not only one word for this iconic letter or prefix of the iphone. As we know, some Apple products with ‘I’ in their name did not have internet access by that early time ( think for early ipod ). So it is clear that ‘I’ is not so much representative of that single word internet at all.


I hope this article is helpful and beneficial for you. If you have any query then you can ask in comment section. You can also comment your suggestion because your suggestions are valuable for me. Thank you✌.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nokia 2.3 announced: A new budget smartphone from Nokia.

     Nokia 2.3 , a brand new smartphone from Nokia. In an event held in Cairo, Egypt, Nokia officially announced their brand new budget smartphones named Nokia 2.3 . It features a bigger display, better camera, a juicier battery than its predecessor: the Nokia 2.2 . I found it interesting and better than its predecessor. Now Let us see more about this device in this article. Let us began. Firstly let us have a quick view on its specifications. Body : 6.20 × 2.97 × 0.34 inches and weighing 183 gm Display : 6.2 inched IPS LCD panel screen.   Resolution : HD+ 1520 × 720 pixels with 19.9 aspect   ratio Chipset : MediaTek Helio A22 with 12nm fabrication. CPU : Quad-core (2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) GPU : PowerVR GE8320 RAM : 2 GB ROM : internal 32 GB (expandable up to 512 externally) Rear Camera : Dual camera setup -13 MP , f/2.2 primary shooter -2MP depth sensor Front camera : 5MP, f/2.4  Software and UI : Android 9  Audio : 3.5mm headph...

Active Noise Cancellation : All you need to know.

Active Noise Cancellation , a technology that has already existed for a while now, but I got to know that many people don't know exactly what it is. During its launch and at those time it was expensive to implement in headphones. However, in today's market we can now see many headphones with this technology in it in low cost. Well, It is clear as its name, what it does is clear as named. But I have found many viewers asking for explaining all details about in a article shortly. So, throughout this article you will get to know about active noise cancellation technology, its working, advantages, disadvantages and many more. So lets start this interesting read😀. Active Noise Cancellation. Guys, talking about it simply, it is a technology that helps to cancel all unnecessary noise or sounds. Active Noise Cancellation was firstly invented by Lawrence Fogel in 1950s.  This technology was firstly used for the well being of pilot of airplanes and helicopters. This technology ...

Increase your battery life with all these amazing tips.

       Want to increase battery life ? Hello guys, Welcome to my fresh new article. Today we gonna know some important tips to increase our phone’s battery life . Many smartphone users have definitely faced this problem in their life. And of course you are search of solution. After facing such problem in Lithium ion battery , its not easy to replace it. It is harder to replace your phone’s battery than treating it in right way for long life of battery. Replacing official battery can be expensive and inconvenient so, it’s better to take care of your battery. Isn’t it? Without making any delay let’s know all about increasing the battery life of your phone. Firstly you have to know why your phone battery life degrades.     Here, the main thing to know is charge cycle of battery. A charge cycle is full discharge and charge of the battery, from 0% to 100% . Different batteries have different count for charge cycle. Mostly battery manufacturers men...